Thursday 8 January 2009

Letter from New Delhi

Finally arrived in Delhi after a two hour delay, I now have a oil workers strike to contend with, most cities are reported to be running out of petrol etc and Delhi will be out at the pumps by tomorrow (Friday) so I'm not sure how all this will affect me. It couldn't have happened at a worse time for me.
Also the internet connection I'm using is running at snails pace - which is very poor considering the hotel is one of the better ones here! I haven't been able to get on my normal email account so am having to use an older one for quick (slow to send) messages.
Am going for some dinner now, having been stuck in an airport for hours with only a coffee bar for sustenance I'm starving. This will be my first proper test of Indian food as yesterday's meals were all on the plane. The next two days are more of a relaxation for me, one reason being the fuel mess, the other being a break before I venture to the place of my Grandfather's birth - Amballa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hope you have a nice day byexx